View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
The legit need for this has been explained by many on this forum over & over & over.
And Omni has stated over & over & over that the feature is coming. So I don't think it's a question of legitimate need; we all agree it would be useful. I think the wait is more that there's a lot to be done, some other things (like syncing improvements) have been given priority, and Omni wants to make sure things are done right. The last I heard, the feature is still targeted for OmniFocus 2 and it's still on schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
Wasn't Omni super-friend Merlin Mann against task tagging?
Yes. At least Merlin scoffed at the idea when I heard him speak at WWDC last year.

But while Merlin is an influential speaker (and very convincing, I might add), I don't think he solely determines the OmniFocus feature set. As I mentioned above, the Omni Group has been planning user-defined metadata all along. And for a long time now, they've held the position that the feature is slated for OmniFocus 2. The only thing to do now is wait.

Personally, I've found OmniFocus to be extremely useful even without tagging. So I'm not sure I agree that it's "ludicrous" that it's missing. But who knows, maybe I'll end up actually using tags once they're available. :-)

-Dennis