View Single Post
Here's something worth thinking about for the development team, drawn from reading through pretty much all the forum entries.

It's worth asking if the project is to produce software that's about "Getting Things Done™" or if it's about "getting things done." These aren't of course exclusive categories. But after trying desperately to understand the pull-downs (still bewildered) and trying to click on the column headings (name, due etc., that in every other cocoa and most mac applications sorts by the specified value), I wonder if, because I'm not a perfect GTD guy, this software isn't for me.

I'd like to be able to see JUST what I have to do today.
I'd like to be able to sort by DUE date, and, sometimes by START date
I'd like to be able to do these things in planning view AND in context view.

It may be that I haven't understood the documentation, or the significance of {} (whatever that means) but I'm not sure it should be this hard.

I also think that there should be display options so one can make red or italics or orange signify in a way that is meaningful to the user.

I grant that there will be some people who want OF to open a Keynote presentation, display the periodic table of the elements and play a random Abba song at precisely 7 minutes BEFORE the due time, because that makes sense to them.

I don't think my requests call under that category.
If Omni gave the application to a naive user, and recorded their fumblings, I believe they'd see that the pulldowns are mystifying and that lots of people want to sort by the criteria I do, and do it easily and intuitively.

After all that, I want to say that this is a very clever product with IMMENSE potential, and the Omni folks have been responsive and helpful and seem to have very much the right attitude. But there are some issues.

Whew!