View Single Post
hey zack! do you have any specific questions I can answer for you?

I can tell ya my overall experience with OF (I've been using it for about 10 days now) is great. Mind you, there are a few things that might be different about my situation:
  1. I no longer own any Windows-targeted hardware. I started waning myself off WinXP since my Thinkpad died a sorry death in Aug 2005 and made a commitment to Web 2.0 via a mac mini.
  2. I've been using Parallels primarily for apps I haven't found replacements for for about 2 months now. I've pretty much eliminated my dependency on Outlook (and Office- yeay!) and the GTD Add-in at this point.
  3. my iPhone is my primary mobile device. my primary decision for making the switch is the award the Omni Group got for location-based context lists - I've been dreaming of this for ages! I had been using tada lists as a stopgap solution for a few months before OF. now it's not even necessary.
  4. I don't use Exchange. gmail works amazingly well on the iPhone via IMAP. as you know Exchange support is coming and remains to be seen how this goes.
  5. I stopped using the email feature of the GTD Add-in ever since I migrated to Google Mail as my primary interface. I have to admit it is a nifty feature but its novelty has waned over time.
  6. per my last post - you might miss the event/project integration (this is one to top things on my wish list! hint hint.. ;)
  7. how OF deals with hiearchial project structures/actions compared to how sub-projects were implemented is a godsend alone
  8. being able to re-organize your contexts hierarchy, on-the-fly is just as amazing.

I could go on and on but that's a taste of my experience - usability is king and that's what I'm getting with OmniFocus so far so kudos to the team!