View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb510 View Post
Further let me say up front that I find apps that COULD be combined iPhone/iPad apps but aren't to be patently obnoxious. I think of it as buying a mobile app, not as buying one app for my phone and another for my iPad. I think the same of desktop apps that are restricted to a single machine. A single user shouldn't have to buy a separate license for their laptop and their desktop.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that there is significant extra development work for the iPad version. The laptop/desktop example is one where they are charging you twice for the same thing.

OmniFocus for iPad was a significant amount of extra work. If they didn't charge for that version, they would've had to charge more for the iPhone version.
Quote:
Making people pay nearly as much for the accessories as the actual product irks me.
Accessories that have a significant amount or R&D, and that many customers will not want.

iPad keyboard: $70
Case:$40
Car charger: $30
Headset: $30
iWork: $30
Total: $200
That's a fairly normal set of accessories for an iPad.
Quote:
As for sync'ing services which is why I came to the forums today. I understand OF isn't really optimized for network based syncing, and that the infinite undo ability probably makes that extremely difficult, but ubiquitous instant syncing between devices is the very least I would expect if paying those sorts of prices. WebDAV (which I use) is a start, but DropBox ought to be supported as well.
By network, you mean LAN, right?

Does things support WAN / remote syncing yet? Haven't they promised that for a long, long time?

I share an OmniFocus database with my wife. It is on two iPhones, three iPads and a MacBook Pro. I hit sync when I'm done making changes and the database is quickly synced, whether I'm on a LAN or a WAN.

I would hate to have to open up the app on my iPhone and iPad before I put my laptop to sleep.

Even when I was keeping one iPhone and one laptop in sync, I preferred OF sync to LAN sync.