View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
You have kind of a confusing arrangement. Basically, you have a "tickler" context, which is what you are marking these tickler actions, until you move them into other contexts. You are finding that sometimes when you drag and drop an action from the tickler context to another context, the tickler context becomes deselected, sometimes not. I can't discern any relevant difference between these actions that would cause the context to become deselected. If you hit undo and drag that same action again, does the tickler context become deselected again?
Thanks, Lucas.

I spent the past two weekends reading and re-reading threads, trying to synthesize a number of ideas, and trying to create my personal best practice for using OF. So none of this is a verbatim regurgitation of one person's suggestions, but is a synthesis with my own efforts at customization. Being relatively new to GTD and OF, I suppose I have created this confusion...

I wanted to establish a few modalities for addressing ticklers and 'waiting for' s, in particular, as these were the hardest for me to handle. For ticklers, I followed the approach of creating individual months as projects in a Tickler folder in planning mode. I can then open this folder and just check the next month's anticipated projects and actions, in Planning mode.

I created a Tickler perspective so I could just punch in my keyboard shortcut and see those projects and actions due in the next period of time relative to today, regardless of month, in Context mode.

Now to specifically answer your question: After I move an action, and get all contexts visible with none selected in the sidebar, I perform an undo, and i return to the view of the Tickler context only, with the action back in place.

If I do this with a blocked action, I see it disappear from my list, without a change in view. When I 'undo', this blocked action simply returns to the Tickler context view, without any change in that view.

With either of these, the title bar says "Perspectives: Tickler", no matter what I do.

If it helps at all, the 'switch' in views takes me to all contexts. I can click on my 'Mac' context and just get the 'Mac' actions, or click on the 'Tickler' context and just get the 'Tickler' actions.