View Single Post
My problem is solved. My hunch was/is that somehow, somewhere, sometime with my previous computer and different username, OF converted and stored ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus as the literal path, i.e., /Users/tibob/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus. So, running 1.0.3, I instructed OF to move the database to the Desktop, and after that, back again to it's default location. Then I upgraded to 1.1 v77.4.0.102775 just fine. I think that during the resetting of the db loc, that the old hard coded path got cleared, and the proper new location set (in terms of some internal OF reference). I'd still recommend the programmer(s) look to make sure this won't happen again if moving from one account to another (i.e., make sure the path isn't internally hard-coded).

Note that this time when the upgrade worked, I was using ...775, not ...768, the last build I tried. ...775 has a different dialog, asking if you want to Copy the db, which I chose, and a note about syncing. There is nothing in the build notes related to the problem I had, so I think my workaround is what fixed things, although I cannot be sure.

Joe's me.com issue is at least partially different, but I would recommend trying my workaround.

Bob

Last edited by omnibob; 2008-07-13 at 07:26 AM..