View Single Post
I am trying to make cutouts of images using Edit-->Shapes-->Subtract/Intersect/Union.

I want the image to remain at it's original proportions. There is no problem if I cover only a single corner of the image. I can "subtract" w/o any problems, and I get what I want.

However, if I cover two or more corners with a rectangle and try to "subtract," things get weird. The image gets stretched to fit the newly created shape. My hope is that I am missing some kind of menu toggle that will turn this totally useless auto-stretching feature off. (Omni, if you're listening, PLEASE take this out of subsequent versions.)

Here's what I DON'T want to have to do:
I don't want to have to resize/recenter the image every time. That's a finicky, frustrating, time-consuming solution. I just want a way to get subtractions/unions/etc (in PS, they call 'em clipping masks) without distorting the original image.

I will try to attach images to a follow-on message. I seem to be having trouble attaching files via Safari. (Pretty awesome, Omni, pretty awesome.)

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.