View Single Post
Well I just went through my first weekend trying my new daily checklist that I mentioned in the previous post. Because I've assigned everything to repeat off of the Assigned Date, I am getting exactly what I wanted to avoid - which is on Monday, I click off the Saturday activity that I didn't do and OF repeats the Action for Sunday, then I clicked Sunday and OF repeats the Action for Monday etc...

No problem, I'll change my Actions to repeat on Completion... oh wait.. damn... the Repeat on Completion ignores my Start Date Time and Due Date Time and just makes up its own that are not related to the times I set for the Action to be started or due. So, that does not work for me at all.

Example today is the 7th. If I were to complete my Action, for Repeat on Assigned, OF correctly honors my Start Date of 1/8/08 12:00AM and Due Date of 1/8/08 11:59PM. If I complete that next Action tomorrow, I get another generated for 1/9/08 12:00AM Start Date and 1/9/08 Due Date etc...

However, changing the repeat to Repeat on Completion, the Start Date gets automagically set to 1/7/08 12:52AM for Start Date (apparently I've already been working on my _next_ Action for 16 or so hours already) and the Due date is set for 1/8/08 @ 12:00AM. It's almost like I didn't complete my Action because in just a couple of hours, I'm going to get a Red overdue badge.

Sigh. Now onto my 3rd or 4th iteration of trying to make OF work for me on what seems to be a simple task.