View Single Post
Quote:
It must have somehow escaped DA's attention that OmniFocus is not fully GTD compliant, as you assert :-)
There are apps that are more GTD compliant, I have used them. OF does not appear to support 20,000ft and higher very well, while other software does this flawlessly. In the quote you posted it only mentions outcomes and actions (runway and 10,000ft), and that is my experience and it supports what I was saying. Just because it is compliant and helpful with these two levels does not mean it is a full implementation of GTD, or as useful as other tools for the overall GTD system. Honestly, I have used literally over 50 different GTD tools across iPhone, Android, Linux, Windows, web based, and now Mac. There are much better and more complete implementations of GTD out there that I have personally road tested (with the majority being open source and free), the problem is that not one of them combine their awesomeness on the desktop or mobile together which is what I am after. So it is not a case of developing an entirely new system, but developing a complementary desktop or mobile client to add to an existing system, and considering that OF is the most expensive (by a long way) GTD software I have come across there is a lot of room to move. I would be more surprised if someone *doesn't* develop something in the next year or so (as long as GTD itself does not lose traction).

I'm not talking mac specific, I don't think this is overly relevant in the grand scheme of things - if there is a perfect implementation of GTD on windows and iphone people will use windows and iphone to use it (just as I am using mac and ipod for the first time because I want to use omnifocus). Code portability and also virtualization are improving at an insane rate too.