View Single Post
Following this thread I have to agree with the original poster that it would be nice to "optionally" invoke a note preview pane that appears either below the list or to the side. Also, within the notes section I would like to see the ability to add resource links, not resources, as some people have requested. I don't think most people could tell the difference if they didn't get that. Of the many resource link types there should be the good old folder alias as I like to keep various documents related to a project/task in the folders provided by the OS.

This may be a tangent to some other posts I've read recently, but it may have a place in the discussion regarding notes, too. One resource link type could be used to associate scripts or programs that get launched. That would enable one to create a mail message from the task/action item using AppleScript, OF built-in commands, Ruby, Lisp, assembler, whatever. In the note for the same task another resource link to create a calendar event could be added, and even self modify to become the url to the created event! I might even create a "Shoes" app that gets launched from a resource link which opens a small window for altering the task as though it were a support ticket, and then send an update to the support tracking database via RSS/Atom. Providing such resource links means OmniFocus doesn't need to be all things to all people, just play nice with apps.