View Single Post
I haven't read any of the details of the push services, but I wonder if they support anything more than essentially a one-way flow of data. The current sync implementation in OF does write data back to the server during a sync even if it is only downloading changes, and not supplying any.

Why not just start a sync whenever you go to your car? If it will take 10 minutes to get to your destination, what does it matter that a sync takes a minute or two while you are driving? Even if you've made quite a few changes it shouldn't take very long if you're good about syncing the devices up every day. As a test, I just copied the text from another window, turned it into plain text and stuffed it into my Inbox -- making some 337 new actions. Syncing the lot over took about 16 seconds. Syncs go faster if only one client is contributing changes to be merged, so if you're going to do a bunch of reorganization of your data or enter a bunch of new stuff, it's worth the time to do a sync first rather than have multiple devices with outstanding changes.