View Single Post
Yes, I think the weekly review is the magic ingredient in GTD that makes it all work.

First timer GTDers are enamored by the collection process but forget about doing the weekly review in order to keep our task lists manageable.

If a tree becomes too large, we have to prune it to make the landscape fit our view.

Using the weekly review will help you determine where your "priorities" are and bring laser sharp focus on what you should be doing instead of just adding projects and tasks that don't mean much to you.

Anything that is not a high priority to you should be placed in the Someday/Maybe folder. Then when you have time for your weekly review, look at that project once again and determine if you will actually get value from the project. If you don't get any value, delete it.

I have had many time-waster projects that have sat in my Someday/Maybe folder. It is during the weekly review, that I'm able to weed out the projects that no longer align with my personal goals or cost-benefit ratio.

There's no sense in having dead wood or dead branches that just hinders the growth of the tree. Prune off the non-productive branches (projects that won't bear fruit) and the tree can grow once again.

If you can get something out of the project that is worth your time and effort, go for it. But that's up to you to decide ;-)

Good luck...

Last edited by wilsonng; 2009-04-05 at 02:21 PM..