View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Projects that have no action are stalled and will never move forward toward completion.

Maybe you need to look at your project? Is it really a single action? Is it waiting for something to happen? If it is waiting for something to happen, create a action in the project with a future start date and assigned to a waiting context. This will hide the project from the available filter.

Projects that have no available actions will not show up in the available filter.
Single action projects are in Miscellaneous single-action folders. I have several Misc folders for different areas of responsibility embodied as folders.

Some of the projects have no actions inside as they are used as placeholders - so I always have my logical structure at hand even after all the currently necessary work for that project is over.

I refer to projects more as folders than actions. I have Projects placeholders for those types of work which usually requires or allows sequention completion.

As to 'waiting context': I assign On Hold to all low-priority projects so I can see them when I review database. Other projects, incl. placeholders are active.

The only thing I'm badly missing so far as I understand is ability to natively hide those empty projects (used as placeholders or having no appropriate actions in accordance with my Next or Availability perspectives).