View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
You can group actions by completion date, but (not yet) sort them within those groups by completion date. If you want to see actions you've marked complete today, yesterday, in the last week, in the last month, etc., switch to context mode, group (the {} view bar popup) by complete, and show completed actions.
The first time I did this, I got exactly two groups; "Within the last month" and "None". Not useful.

Then I switched from Project to Context view, and suddenly got the today/yesterday/within the last month groupings you mention. Useful. :-)

I'm not sure I understand why the grouping behaves differently in the different views, but at least I can mostly do what I want to do.

I would, however, like to be able to Export... the OmniFocus database and chew on it with a spreadsheet or database. That seems to me like it would be a reasonable way to augment OF's streamlined day-to-day features with some fancier reporting. Export doesn't seem to export completed dates, though I see on the Extras forum that there is at least one AppleScript that purports to do so. Perhaps this is another avenue for the original poster to get what he (and I) want.