View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
I'm not sure if you understand. There is LITERALLY NO WAY that Omni Group can offer you a discount on your upgrade, without dropping the price for EVERY HUMAN ON THE PLANET. And that's not really good business sense if their business is built on getting $20 from people who purchase the new version. They have employees, they have costs, Ken has been doing this for a while, they probably know what fits their revenue model.

This is the first paid upgrade for OmniFocus for iPhone in FIVE YEARS. Sheesh.
Interestingly, another GTD app I recently purchased, as a newer version, offered me a reduced price because I already had its predecessor installed on my device. It was delivered as an in-app process ( a brilliant concept ). Basically, you downloaded the app as a trial (limited to 30 days), with an in-app purchase option to upgrade to the full version. On the surface, it was very well done. In the future, it might be possible for Omni Group to offer OmniFocus as a trial ( try before you buy ), and then, if you want to, opt for an in-app purchase to have the pro-version activated. At the activation time, Omni Group can check for the ownership of the previous version and apply a discount. This would give loyal customers a thank you ( via a little discount ).