View Single Post
I guess I'm in the minority here. I too have to use a PC at work. I have a Macbook Pro at home. I use my iPad at work all day and love it. I have OF on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone and use it exclusively for my GTD system. I also have DEVONthink on my Mac and iPad and use that to manage all my project information, etc.

I have taken it a few steps further. I have a bluetooth keyboard and use Pages, Numbers, and Keynote as my primary document/spreadsheet/presentation software. When I have finished a document I save it in the standard Microsoft Office format and email it to myself so that I can access it and store it on my PC. We use Lotus Notes for email so I have a mail rule to send all my work email to my MobileMe account and process it on my iPad. Anything that I want to send to OF gets done on my Mac at home since I can't do that on my iPad and I don't want to leave the Macbook running all day connected to the net. I will be getting an iMac in a few months and then will be able to use that to process emails to OF automatically. Unfortunately I do have to also process my emails on my PC although I could set up another mail rule to handle that, but I like to file it into appropriate folders to archive for safe storage.

Without getting into it, the building renovations were just finished where my new "second" office is and I will be moving in there in two weeks. I have been trying to decide if I want to bother to put another PC in there or not. I'm happy with my iPad but a larger screen has it's benefits. I really don't want to carry a laptop back and forth and have no intention of giving up my iPad. I don't yet know how much time I will spend at each office. I am also thinking about a Macbook Air maybe......