View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf View Post
This is where the GTD/OmniFocus system falls apart for me ... I can't get into the habit of recording my tasks to be done later. Capturing often doesn't seem to be worth the bother.

--Liz
I have the same issue Liz.

One thing that has worked for me is to tell myself, if I am doing anything, it has to be done from an action in OmniFocus. If you catch yourself doing something that is not in OmniFocus, then go and place an action item in OF and start doing it.

While this may sound extreme, it's helped me to get into the habit of capturing.

The widget krank is another tool that helps me develop the capture habit. The widget gives me that extra visual information of... this is the action I am doing now. If I want to do something else, or have another idea, I place it into the inbox and first complete the action I am doing now.

Commit and follow through
and
Just do this one action
are two mantras I'll repeat to myself.

One place where I often get sidetracked is processing the email inbox to 0. I'm developing the habit to place emails that I receive (this includes RSS feeds that are sent to my Mail Inbox) into OmniFocus instead of clicking on a link to read the RSS feed. I then have a home -> computer -> reading context that I place that action into and process that context at a later time.

All these tricks still don't answer the question... is it better to be using the GTD system? I'm still answering yes to that question.

Everyone is different. I hope you find something that works for you. Let us know if you happen upon a trick that helps you.