View Single Post
From the OP: Thanks to all for an interesting discussion. I am of course disappointed that DB didn't make it into this version, and am struggling with a new workflow that will allow me to use my shiny new OO app on the iPad.

Can someone explain to me how to use the Sync Server on the desktop/laptop, or is there a doc on this somewhere? How do I get it to sync a folder or something so I can use this offline as well (run rsync between the mounted WebDAV and a DB folder?). Why does this have to be so complicated?

iDisk has never, ever worked properly when a local copy is used, and its pretty bad for WebDAV as well. I would just like to understand how the devs think we should be using this app with files that are on other computers, which I think most people are going to need access to and some reasonable strategy of dealing with. I understand when Apple does this (they have their own motives about removing file systems) but I don't really understand when other devs follow suit like this (other than this just not making the features list for v.1.0, but thats not what I am hearing.)

Last edited by wolfneuralnet; 2011-05-13 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Too Snarky