View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhm2006 View Post
Yes, you are right. I reflected on just that point after I posted, but I wasn't near my computer to correct my analogy. I have played golf and, like golf, productivity requires a bagful of several different tools to make it work well.
And, to extend this crazy metaphor even more, those "different tools" are in fact, different: you don't generally use a driver when you should use a putter, nor do you don't see combination putter/drivers.

You choose the right tool for the right situation.

I'm not saying the original goal of more pestering is *bad*, or that OmniFocus should *only* implement canonical GTD (in part because GTD is way to fluid to do that).

Instead, it's important to realize that GTD requires certain features in a software implementation, and other methods of getting things done (lowercase) will require different features, and that at some point, those feature sets might diverge.

Creating applications is tough, as many people on this forum probably know from personal experience. It's particularly tough to please everyone with one application, and developers who do end up with difficult to use applications which no one wants to use.

Focus and simplicity.