View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaha View Post
Perhaps I've missed it, but the only auto-reminder I actually *do* want, is a review. ie, set actions/projects to be auto-reviewed every Monday by default, and Monday *boom* I get a Review Me sheet that I can just quickly glance at, and if the status quo is good, I can just OK it, or dive in and alter things. Or if a project status needs to be reviewed every month, I can set that, and on the 1st, up that list pops. etc.

As it is, I'm forgetting to review. Maybe I need to add actions for "Review list A", etc. :\
I have a daily review checklist in OmniOutliner. It includes a step to "Review active projects due for review today". I have a perspective saved in OmniFocus for that review. As the OF URL scheme develops, I'll be able to put a URL in my checklist in OmniOutliner. Then a single click will switch OF to the right view.

As to the topic of the thread, there certainly are a variety of notification techniques that would be useful and unobtrusive. For example, I would love to see action count badges on contexts in the sidebar. That's not in-my-face and would be useful information when deciding what context to put myself in.

I think there are perhaps a couple of reasons why some people react strongly to the suggestion that OF include more intrusive reminders. One is a reaction against a perceived violation of GTD orthodoxy, though I think that's likely not the main reason. I suspect the main reason some of us react strongly is that intrusive reminders would be an "attractive nuisance". They might lead us back into bad habits that we've been fighting to get out of. From the point of view, even optional features can seem threatening.

Curt

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2007-10-03 at 01:50 PM..