View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstarks View Post
Perhaps, the application could be put on my iDisk? I have a .mac account - is it possible to run a program from the iDisk, thus being beyond my network, and thereby accessible via the web, or iPhone?
Even if you run the program from an iDisk, you'd still be running it from your home or office computer. The iDisk is a network-mounted drive, not an independent computer.

Quote:
Or is there a way to set something up through one of the website hosting services?
What you might be able to do is use a service like DNS2go.com to access your home computer from the iPhone. Without knowing the details of your setup, it's likely that your home computer has a dynamic IP address assigned by your internet service provider, and thus you can't reliably connect to the home computer from elsewhere. DNS2go provides solutions for forwarding from your own domain name, with a static IP address, to a computer with a dynamic IP address or behind a router.

Disclaimer: I've never used their service, or any similar service. This is just a suggestion.

Quote:
BUT, what I really need is a way to access my GTD system from my iPhone. I mean, its killing me. I am carrying a $600 paperweight until it actually helps me get things done!

I know, there must be a clever way of setting things up, I just need someone more creative than I to set me on the path of possibility again. The trail has gone cold for me. Ugh.
I'm not keeping up with iPhone developments, but there are a lot of people in your shoes and I'm reasonably confident that some solution will be developed reasonably soon.