View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Do you need the Daily Review project to repeat? You could instead have a permanent Daily Review project with a repeating action group that holds the guts of what you want done.
Ok, whpalmer, after playing around with this solution, it turns out it really doesn't work out for me (assuming I tried implementing what you meant): I work with my Review projects set in Sequential.
If I switch the actions to repeat instead of the project (Start again...1 day/week after completion), the recurring item is generated immediately after completion of the current instance. That is, once I check the "Get Email Inbox to 0" action (set to repeat one day after completion), tomorrow's action is created automatically. Now, with the perspective I was using in the past, filtering by "Any Status", this was just annoying. But both to get rid of this annoyance and because I realised that I was far more productive if working on my reviews by looking at one (active) task at a time, I tried filtering by "Next Action", which is where the whole thing breaks down.
When filtering by NA, the newly created instance of the task I just checked off blocks the "true" NA from being identified as such, so that the entire action set in my project is grayed out.
If working from a NA filtering perspective, this means once I check off my first action in my repeating cluster, no further action appears.

I'm stumped, especially as I seem to remember that my first time "quitting" OF a year ago was in fact for a similar reason (Things, although it does little else well, actually does the repeating after completion very decently [of course, as long as you don't sync]).

Haven't heard back yet from OG support, and I don't know if there's much they can do aside from fixing the 'tracking current instance of repeating project in perspective's focus' bug; but I'm really quite desperate for support, since I really depend on my daily/weekly review projects, and I've just spent a week re-entering and re-designing my system to be entirely in OF...
Any suggestions will be very much appreciated... More than anything I'm curious how you guys deal with your Daily/Weekly review projects, since I know you have them, and I'm sure they must be repeating? Do you just do it in Planning mode?

Thanks