View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
  • Actions entered in QuickEntry with a project but no context should go to the Inbox by default. (Making the current direct-to-projects behavior an option.)
  • The Context View should include a "None" context. When "None" is selected in the sidebar, or no sidebar selection is made, then actions without a context would appear in the main context view. This would let users create an Unprocessed Actions perspective, mimicking the functionality Rob is proposing adding to the Inbox.

The "None" context is a nice analogue for the default top-level Singletons bucket that some have proposed as a sibling of the Projects folder.
I like the idea of having a separate place for contextless actions. But I absolutely abhor the idea of having it visible in the context view. I say leave them in the inbox, but maybe in a sub section of the inbox so it doesn't clutter up the actual incoming actions. If a project is assigned to any of these tasks, the task could also appear in the project view under that project (so as to allow sequential planning even if some tasks aren't yet fully defined), but putting it anywhere in the context view in any form whatsoever just sounds like a patently bad move to me (for reasons I've already elaborated on at length in other threads). If the "no context" context is always inactive (not even allowed to be made active through preferences), that would be an improvement, but I still think this particular solution causes more problems than it solves.