View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaro View Post
I'm sure he's referring to web searches, since that's what Inquisitor does.

However, I'm surprised you say that "Cmd-F works fine for me." Try searching for a word in a busy page with multiple columns and lots of text. It's nearly impossible to locate the word that OmniWeb highlighted. Now try doing the same thing in the latest version of Safari, where the background fades out and the search term pops into view. It's effortless! OmniWeb is definitely behind in its Cmd-F functionality.
hadn’t used Safari for a while so tested and that IS a nice feature, one I'd like to see in OmniWeb.

But it’s no big deal to me, more cosmetic than anything. I’ve never had a problem finding what I'm looking for this way.

re Inquisitor, had never heard of it so just checked it out. Looks nice but I wouldn’t want that behavior in OW. I dislike Spotlight’s ‘search as you type’ functionality and wouldn’t want it for web searches, either. Maybe I'd like the other stuff it does.

For me, I make heavy use of preferences at the site level, both security and format. And I love the ease of utilizing Workspaces. Those two feature sets together keep me a happy OW user. But I agree with the premise that it seems like some of their development resources have been elsewhere of late. And as an OmniFocus user, I get and appreciate that. But hopefully OW will be in for some more substantive updates shortly.