View Single Post
It might be interesting to know why the OP thinks he wants to switch to OmniWeb. All he has really said so far is what he dislikes about OW and what is needed to make it like Firefox.

I bought a MacBook Air a few months ago as I got tired of lugging round the 17" MBP and peripherals, so that has now become my "moveable desktop". I've been a dedicated OW user since I switched over to OS-X 10.0 -- so I paid the original licence price. But on the MBA, I've been using Safari to date and it is so frustrating:
I totally miss the tab-drawer and hate the traditional tab-bar ... so uninformative;
I totally miss my workspaces;
I hate the fact that I can't set it to open new pages in a new tab automatically, but have to hold down the command key ... which I'm always forgetting;
I really dislike the cluttered "Activity" window which doesn't clear when a page is fully loaded ...

So I'm thinking about whether to change my original licence to "Personal" rather than "Machine", or whether I shouldn't simply buy another licence ... it's hardly an amount that will break the bank, even in these bankingly challenged days.

Last edited by xiamenese; 2008-10-31 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Adding thoughts