View Single Post
My team has been using Basecamp for about a month now and although we find it useful in some areas, it does not do everything we need.

OmniPlan appears to do other things that we need as well but again not everything. It would be valuable if they were able to work together.

I have tried Merlin and a few other products and so far OmniPlan does not seem (after about an hour of testing) to be anything new, it does have a nice simple interface that is familiar. I use OmniOutliner daily, so the similar interface is welcome.

What I would like to see in OmniPlan is the ability to manage multiple projects. I have somewhere in the range of 200 projects in my shop and 13 people to work on them. We juggle projects daily. Having all the projects together in one system where we can see the schedule for the group and individuals is needed, but we have not found a product that can do that.

If OmniPlan can manage individual projects, and also multiple projects - giving an aggregate of everything together, then we have a winner.