View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
Incidentally, I wonder if you've considered getting rid of the search field in favor of search shortcuts; the address bar can really replace it.
Sometimes I'll use search shortcuts; sometimes I'll use the search field. If I figure I'll have to refine my searches I'll use the search field, because the contents stay in it even after the location bar has been encoded. So I can go follow down a search path, read some RFCs or what not and decide I want to change my search slightly. A quick command-L/shift-tab/cursor right latter, and I can add another term to the search. Besides, Command-L (or -N) shift-tab is nearly as quick to type as Command-L (or -N) "g" space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afb
Did you try hitting the spacebar with the cursor vanishes?
Yes, nothing happened.

Quote:
That probably changes everything. I'm using a g5.
The G5s are nice. I actually prefer the architecture* of the powerpc to intel. (* I make my living working on/supporting embedded compilers, debuggers and toolsets, specifically powerpc targeted ones so I probably am a bit biased there.)

Quote:
The only other thing I could suggest, other than asking someone else who has an Intel mac to try this out, would be to take a look at the Keyboard prefs > Keyboard Shortcuts. What's selected under "Full Keyboard Access"?
I'll might see about setting up a G4/G5 Mac and trying it out later, but I figure at this point I've pretty much characterized the 'wierdness' as much as I can. "Full Keyboard Access" is set to "Text boxes and lists only.".

PS, This tab wierdness is not a major issue for me. I just wanted to make it known / documented so that OmniGroup can fix it. I sort of find quirks like this fun and interesting. It's like a look behind the scenes at how the stuff actually works. My favorite currently is the OSX glitch with the drawers and Exposé. Open a window in a program that has a drawer (or open a drawer in an existing window) and very quickly hit F11 before the drawer is fully out. When you hit F11 again the drawer will often be floating somewhere else on the screen.