View Single Post
Relative dates like "today" "tomorrow" "yesterday" can be entered in the fields of user-defined date columns in OO3.

There seems, however, to be a bug in the assignment of times to such dates ...

"Today" works as expected - assigning a time of "00:00", (which is incidentally the convention consistently used for start dates in OmniFocus)

"00:00" is also the time set if I manually enter a date like 06/06/2011 without specifying a time.

So far so good ...

"Yesterday" and "Tomorrow", however, both assign "12:00", creating an inconsistency in the data.

In fact, "last" and "next" (week month and year) all set a time of 12:00, while "Today" and manually entered literal dates set 00:00 ...

[As an aside, it becomes even more complex - if we use Cmd / as a shortcut for entering today's date in a user-defined date column, even though no time is visible, a timestamp for the moment of use has been entered - but there is no trace in the data of which of these various date entry methods was used ...]

This inconsistency is an obstacle to simple filtering by date. If I filter rows for dates assuming a default time of "00:00", I will catch any that happen to have been set using a relative date of "Today", or a timeless date like "06/06/2011" but miss any that happen to have been set using other relative dates like "yesterday" and "tomorrow" or next or last week/month/year, or entered using Cmd /.

It seems unlikely that these inconsistencies are entirely by design ...

I don't have a strong view of what the default time should be (a mild preference for 00:00 perhaps) but a little more consistency and predictability would certainly be helpful.

(An option in Preferences, perhaps, as for the time of due dates in OmniFocus ?)

(I have forwarded this to 003 Help > Send Feedback)

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2010-07-04 at 05:07 AM..