View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
It doesn't seem like the final version to me. Still lots to do.
No doubt there's still lot's to do. But I'm one of those who suspect that 5.5 sneakypeek is pretty much 'done'. This is purely subjective, I conceed and it's really a matter for Omnigroup.

The cash-value of 'done-ness' for me is that I can dump Safari because for some reason the Devonthink Service menu-keys are now working in OW 5.5 Sp16 (hooray). I'd like to have other things too, like date-sorted downloads. But I'm now back to OW on a permanent basis (fingers-crossed), having paid for but not used my OW license for quite some time.

About 'done-ness': I'm bemused by the response I see on many software support forums (never here, I think, from the OW support team) from developers who tersely discourage speculation about progress with: "when it's done, it's done".

I think complex software like OW is probably never 'done'; only more or less ready to 'serve up'. Look at BBEdit. How many years have they been issuing 'fixes' to actual bugs and glitches? Even Don Knuth's TeX (than which nothing sucks less, imho) is some distance into the 'pi' expansion (3.141592 at last count).