View Single Post
I work at a consulting firm and have purchased the entire suite of Omni products. I want to use OmniPlan to schedule projects and manage their budgets (all of which have to do with the billable time of consultants). As a previous post states, I need to be able to indicate that a task should take 4 hours over the course of a week. Extremely frustrating! Given the way work happens, people work on multiple projects and rarely spend, for example, a whole week dedicated to one project. We had been planning on purchasing more licenses for OmniPlan, and will definitely put this on hold. In fact, I had had a favorable impression of Omni products; the thinking behind the software seemed to match the way I think about how to do a task (OmniOutliner, for example). But I must say I am going to put a hold on the purchase of all other Omni software until I understand the ins and outs of the products. This sucks! I don't want to do some weird workaround with percentages. I would not have bought the program had I known this. When are you going to fix this problem of conflating duration and effort?