View Single Post
I receive email instructions from my boss to my PC at work and want a way to get them into omnifocus without requiring him to use any special characters or syntax and without my having to interrupt my workflow to check email. Here is what I have accomplished so far:
  • Thunderbird on my PC forwards emails from him by rule to a specific inbox in mail.app on my macbook
  • the send to omnifocus rule in mail.app has been adjusted so it processes any message coming into that mailbox
  • allowed senders is set (for now) to him or me to preclude spam
  • I've inserted code in the script to be sure that all such emails have a subject beginning with "--" even when they don't (although I'm unclear this is necessary)
Of course this process puts these messages into my inbox in OF. But I want these messages to always have the same project and context by default (and I need to add them in the script). I don't know what applescript code I need to get the parsetasks command to do so. If I can get this, I know how to get the script to excecute a "cleanup" in OF so the tasks are properly relocated.
This is the crucial part, but I hope to add one additional tweak: adjust the subject of the message depending on the sender, so that I can tell at a glance which of several people delegated it to me. But I think I can sort that out.
I will probably send this as an email to support, but any suggestions from the community would be appreciated. Thanks