View Single Post
I've been doing a lot of work in OmniFocus recently, and I've found its performance reduce dramatically, especially when syncing. The OmniFocus.ofocus bundle is over 20MB with 4779 items in the package. I don't have any attachments in the file, I link to external documents instead.

I recently purged a lot of backups, so the oldest backup I have is from 2nd May and its size is 1.4MB with 255 items in the bundle. By the 5th of May, the file size had ballooned to 3.6MB with 800 items. On the 8th, the file size was 5.2MB with 1206 items. The next backup was on the 12th of May and the file size was 14.4MB with 3378 items.

Most of the work I've been doing is to move projects that I'm not currently able to work on to a Someday/Maybe folder. I've also been setting a lot of start and due dates and setting the "Review Every" value for most of the projects.

I can't believe that within 10 days I've added over 3100 items to OmniFocus. Is there some way to get a count of the items within the application? I've tried to rebuild the database and it's still the same size. I synchronise with a MacBook Pro, MacBook and iPhone. Any ideas on what's happening here?