View Single Post
I also had the same issue ... Omnifocus user (iPad, iPhone, and home Macbook) but PC user at work. How to capture work to do's and Outlook email to do's.....

This is what I do and it works well.

1 I use google apps as my personal email provider so I set up a new user account omnitodo@mydomain.com however any pop/imap account should work. This is a dedicated email account ie. it only receives tasks/info that I want in omnifocus.

2) I added the new user account to Mail.app on my mac and set up the preferences in Omnifocus to create tasks from emails with a specific identifier namely '--' starting the subject line.

3) I set my 'Accounts' login preferences in OSX to launch Mail.app when I start my mac (...or leave it running - sorry not very green in this regard)

If I need to create a task in omnifocus or forward an email to omnifocus while I'm in a PC environment, I merely send an email to omnitodo@mydomain.com with the '--' prefix in the subject line and when my mac Mail.app receives the email, its processed by Omnifocus into a task which then syncs regularly with the Omnifocus server.

My iPad and iPhone sync everytime I open the apps so my new tasks appear on my other devices.