View Single Post
This isn't really related to OmniFocus, but could be applied to any normal "todo" program.

I'm trying to get things done. And, I'm pretty confident that OF could work as my inbox cleaner / scheduler. But, there is one other piece of my daily activity that I would like to do, and I have no idea how to integrate it (or if it's possible)

Outside of todos, I need to track the state of several projects. And, by state, I really mean the details. I need to search through notes I've taken so that, when I get a call on one of them, I'm able to quickly bring myself back up to speed. One of those downsides to brain dumping, is finding a way to get quick recall again.

So, do any of you have any suggestions on how to have a hierarchical collection of information, that is not related to a task, yet have it be quickly searchable, linkable, etc?

I could just use a collection of text files, but, I'd rather use a tool (preferably OF), to hold everything (Todo's & information) in one place. Now, these projects do eventually get "done", so I would eventually archive them. But, I think I need a little more room and formatting than just using the notes associated with a task in OF -- or -- I could be wrong. I have not used OF much at all . . . and I've been hesitant to get started because of this . . .

Thanks in advance!