View Single Post
I really like the interface of OF on the Mac - after years I'm comfortable with it's clean, functional and simple design and don't want to jar into another interface world every time I use it on my iPad. The iPhone versions was just what I'd hoped for on that device. As Apple wrote in 'Inside Macintosh Volume 1' (almost 30 years ago!) " A little consistency is worth a lot of correctness" and that's still as true today. So, please take advantage of what we're familiar with. I'm using the iPhone version on my iPad and would like something that works along those lines, but obviously enhanced given the speed, power and space. You got a whole lot right on the iPhone version

For me, the main issue with the iPhone version is that it offers no 'Weekly Review' and so for me that is a crucial feature for the iPad version. I feel that I can't use the iPhone version as I'd like because of that one thing.

Please allow an option to remove/filter/toggle nearby context availability. At present on the iPhone version, because 'Always available' is always available I have to wade through it when I'm out and about when I want to see things which are actually physical rather than conceptual places nearby.

As to all those nested folders: perhaps a visual representation of the folder structure - the way Apple's mail shows a pile of emails for deletion - would be much better so that the indentation is not required but becomes a visual background. Also, I use the folders and sub folders for the convenience of keeping things together and they don't have to be represented in a nested fashion on screen to reinforce that and so another option is a breadcrumb trail as the Finder uses which shows the path to a folder would do just as well. Allow touch navigation for any of the items and you're done!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-07-11 at 11.54.58.png
Views:	784
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1478  

Last edited by KiltedGreen; 2010-07-11 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: Clarifying something I wrote