View Single Post
I've worked around this by using OmniFocus for Mac and syncing it to Omni's web sync services. Then I also use OmniFocus for iPad and sync it to the web sync. Voila! My task list is synced. I don't need a Mac at work. I just take out my iPad when I need to check my task list.

In many corporations, the IT department may not allow you to install non-authorized software packages. So, even if Omni were to make a Windows version, would the IT department allow it?

An iPad or an iPod touch is a small investment that would probably help your workflow. Omni's web sync services helps a lot. A MacBook Air with OmniFocus would be small and portable enough for one to bring to work.

I've seen people who have a company cellphone for most work functions and an iPhone to handle their own personal stuff. That's just life - there will be things beyond your control. You'll have to find that sweet spot where you can manage your own personal GTD workflow and also work with your company's proprietary workflow system (Microsoft Exchange or a proprietary IT infrastructure for managing projects and tasks).