View Single Post
I am working on a 2 way sync between Jira <-> OmniPlan for my own purposes. Anyone want to test it in a few weeks?

The philosophy here is 'Jira Is Authoritative' since it is the primary workflow tool and OP is a reflection of that tool. This means that Jira->OP is a full additive/nesting workflow while OP->Jira is just task progress updates.

This is a native mac app that you provide connection details to for jira, pick a jira filter to work with and specify an omniplan file. Once the profile is registered you can select Sync From Jira or Sync From OmniPlan. You need to set-up your omniplan project with some presets to match Jira fields (Key etc) but a sample document is included as a base.

When you sync from Jira it pulls your filter and attempts to update each item in the indicated OP document. It then adds left over items. It automatically appends sub-tasks as indents to maintain some usability but it does -not- auto-link items since you may need multiple levels of nesting. I need to work on this feature a bit more..

When you sync from OP it goes through each item and attempts to update jira from OP for task progress and nothing else.

Anyhow, progress is moving well on this project and if anyone wants to test it let me know.

John-