Thread: Clean Up
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBerry View Post
Again, what insider take on my brain do you have that allows you to conclude that I only need to see my view without completed items, rarely?
My comment was a somewhat tongue-in-cheek response to your earlier remark:
"why would it be so difficult to find a completed task and correct the issue, on the rare occasions when you do get it wrong?"
So I'll ask: What insider take on my brain do you have that allows you to conclude that I only need to deal with these sorts of corrections, rarely? :P

Quote:
I wouldn't dream of suggesting that you're wrong and that despite what you say, you don't need to see completed tasks for a while, so please do me the same courtesy.
When I wrote "you", I didn't mean you specifically. I apologize if it came off as a personal attack. Perhaps I should have written, "on the rare occasions when one needs to see their view without them."

Quote:
With respect Dennis, what right do you have to tell me that the keyboard shortcut is adequate for me?
Again, I wasn't addressing you specifically, Mark, or telling you what is adequate for your personal situation. And I don't think the Omni Group is either.

But the Omni Group must come to some kind of conclusion based on their experience, their best judgement, and a few assumptions about their prospective users. If they didn't, the app's design would be in shambles, it would have millions of features (and probably an equal number of bugs), and it would never ship on time.

We're all looking at this from our own perspective. It's difficult to not make some kind of presumption about the inner working of other people's brains. And, naturally, we tend to think that our view is the most reasonable and anyone who disagrees just needs some convincing. Maybe that's why this discussion has gone on as long as it has (perhaps too long, eh, Lizard? :).

I'm not against this "immediate cleanup" enhancement, as long as it can be controlled with a preference. It seems like we can agree on that.

Mark, you are clearly a thoughtful and passionate user, and I respect that. I hope you'll not take any of my remarks personally and that there's no ill will between us.

Oh, but one last thing:

Quote:
I'm working around it for now by creating a context called "done", and dragging actions to that as I complete them instead of checking them off.
I don't understand how that's any more convenient than Command-K, but I'm glad you've found an acceptable workaround for the time being. :)

-Dennis