View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniGuy View Post

*click for full size*

Haven't worked on the toolbar yet…

But,

• A new Leopard sidebar is a big improvement over the old drawer. It allows for more space for tabs. Also, resizing the sidebar is a lot easier since the whole window doesn't need to be manipulated; just pull the column horizontally.

• I'm crazy for maximum screen real estate so the status bar is now gone. Instead, whenever you mouse over links, a graphic overlay of the text appears near the bottom left of the screen. In the screenshot above you can see the full text link for a mouse over on the webpage (http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omniweb/)

All the little individual site icons i.e. Zoomed Editor, AutoFill Prefs, Load Images, Cookies, Available News Feeds, etc. that were on the bottom right of the status bar are now overlayed in the currently used tab with the website beneath blurred for easier reading.

• Mouse over tabs other than the currently used, now generate large previews of websites (Check out the third tab)

Quick and tidy download interface. The separate downloads window is annoying to me(although it should still be optional), so now it's located in the new sidebar. Everything is available to view in a single window and it can quickly pops up and hides unobtrusively.

• The little icons at the bottom of the new sidebar are(from left to right): New Tab, Graphical Tab View, List Tab View, Tab Actions, Show/Hide Downloads).

Whaddaya guys think of the sidebar?

edit: just thought about this :-p
Pulling the column bar all the way to left (hiding the vertical tabs) automatically creates horizontal tabs.
This. Is. Awesome.