View Single Post
I have several project members in a project. One of them, lets call him [R1] is travelling for five days, and I have declared these days as off hours. All the other resources in the project are avaliable 100% of the time.

I have assigned two resources, our traveller [R1] and a trusty worker [R2] to a task. The task are dependent on them both, working in a team. Let's call them client and director for now.

Before assigning the task to either of them, the GANTT is in clear violation to our travellers avaliability, but when assigning the task to [R1], it swiftly swushes to the day after our friend returns home. Thats great! Let's just add [R2], and we're off! … But when assigning our trusty worker [R2] to the mix, the task pops back in time, clearly overriding [R1]s availiability. And that sucks, because he is out of town.

I do understand the program. It looks at the avaliable resources and thinks "It doesn't matter if [R1] is off hours; [R2] is assigned to the same task! Super cool! Don't stop the press!"

But what if the task is dependent on two resources being avaliable at the same time? Or three, or four persons in a boolean AND relationship?

(Leveling the plan doesn't help. I need do deallocate the avaliable resource if not doing it manually.)

Any help? Or is it a feature request?

Last edited by bonka; 2011-08-30 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: creating a better headline