View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes View Post
.If there's a more beautiful, function-rich browser than OmniWeb I've yet to see it.
Well there isn't a more function equipt browser than OW on any platform. Perhaps iCab is the closest i've found but it is missing many of the things we love about OW; Sidebar Tabs, Workspaces, Autofill/AutoComplete (it has autofill but not as useful as OW's) etc. iCab however, does have many advanced features that OW lacks but often implemented in a manner that is not elegant like OW. Features such as site preferences go beyond what OW offers example being able to switch plugins off per site but it's very awkward to get to. iCab's filtering is more advanced and flexible than OW. iCab offers offline mode, kiosk mode and has a download manager which I have to say has supreme functionality.

I've spoken to Alexander Clauss and requested a sidebar for Tabs, he said he is interested in the idea for the future. Since his priority (unfortunately like too many other developers) is currently iOS (iCab mobile) this may take some time. Hopefully I can persuade him to implement Workspaces as well. The situation has long since been somewhat frustrating, OW has many features iCab needs, but the implementation of such functions that iCab does have in common with OW are perplexingly weird. On the other hand iCab has many functions I wished OW would implement but that is beyond reality now. The only hope I see is for OW users to convince Alexander to work on bringing OW features and implementations to iCab on the basis that OW users would shift to using iCab.

Last edited by Drayon; 2012-03-11 at 05:26 PM..