View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriggs View Post
Thanks for the update but.... I have to say that I don't quite understand the thought behind the projects in context lists either. I wouldn't want the default context of my project to be Review. Then all new actions would take on the context of Review. I'm assuming that the implementation of this new feature is incomplete? Or maybe I don't quite understand where it's going. Please enlighten me.
The default context is only applied to actions when you don't supply a context yourself, so it isn't really the case that "all new actions would take on the context of Review" as you state. If you want to add a bunch of actions without thinking about the context as you do so and without getting the default context applied (whatever it might be), you can temporarily remove the default context from the project.

As I understand it, the presence of projects and action groups in the context list is in response to a long-standing desire to have them appear when the contained work has been finished. If you view your context lists in Available, that's the behavior you'll see -- when you've ticked off the items in the group or the project, the container itself will appear and you can complete it or add to it as appropriate.

Perhaps reading SpiralOcean's post here will be illustrative.