View Single Post
Apparently my Syncing is working, but I would never know it, as OF does it sort of "in the background", freezes, and leaves the sync icon spinning forever (cue "Spinning Wheel" by BS&T).

Wondering if anyone else syncing with Bonjour on a local (i.e., home) wifi network is seeing this:

1. Open OF on desktop
2. Open OF on iPhone
3. Watch database load on iPhone
4. After it gets loaded, the syncing wheel at bottom starts to spin; (apparently) Sync is underway
5. Wheel spins forever
6. In fact, at some point, the two OF databases HAVE synced up in the background (I'll get to that in a minute), but there's no way for me to know that at this point in time
7. In any case, the iPhone OF screen is frozen and can't be accessed

(Big sigh, while I wonder why I still have problems with this amazing software I like so much. Pride finally swallowed, I begin the troubleshooting and recovery process...)

8. So I have to "end task" on iPhone OF by holding the iPhone hardware button in until it closes
9. I close and reopen Desktop OF; on Reopen, Desktop OF "blinks" (closes, and opens again, all by itself)--whoa, doesn't that mean it got a "call" from the sync log or something?
10. Now I open iPhone OF...
11. The minute the database loads on the iPhone, I see that it already! has the changes (from #4 process above); but wait, that doesn't make sense, didn't it crash?
12. The sync wheel spins for a few seconds, but I can see from my list that the changes were already made before this short sync even started (during #4 above?)

Is there some fix I have to run to keep this from happening? Would syncing regularly help avoid it? If so, how regularly? (I admit, I hadn't synced for a few days when this happened to me today.) I'm only posting because I've seen this at least once a week (usually more) for the past month. I sync 1-2 times a day, sometimes not at all.

I have the latest versions of OF on both desktop and iPhone, completely current iPhone firmware and OS X updates, and a sturdy wifi network.