Thread: Bullet color
View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anothersite
Thank you both for the responses.

I have a visual problem. When I look at black type on a white background, I see the black type and red after images that create a weird pink/white background that is very tiring on my eyes. Using a blue background in OmniOutliner creates too little contrast with the black bullets. So, I don't need to change the bullets for a cosmetic effect. I need to change the bullets to white for productivity.

BTW, I use the old fashioned white type on blue background in Word. That works great for my problem, except now I have to figure how to change the color on the green squiggles that are hard to see against the blue background. If it's not one thing, it's another.
Hi again,
I'm sorry to hear that. I had a postgraduate student some years ago who asked me if I could possibly have exam papers for her printed on pink paper as she had a somewhat similar problem with black type on white background and found pink to be the best colour for her. As the exam papers were printed centrally that was not possible so I suggested she get herself a sheet of pink transparent film, like OHP film, to lay over the exam papers to provide the tint. That worked for her.
I just wonder if a similar trick of having an appropriate coloured film that you could use over your monitor would be something worth trying.
Mark