View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitley View Post
Actually, I just revised my approach, which I'll share here. Instead of adjusting Effort, I adjust the End time. Effort is correctly recomputed in this case. It's still necessary to level before marking the tasks completed.

Still, this is a suboptimal workflow. Perhaps a feature such as "Complete Task Now", with an alternate (or a dialog) form such as "Complete Task At". Each of these would marks a task as completed and performs/assists with any necessary schedule adjustments.

In any event, OmniPlan has generally been a delight to use, thanks for the great product!
I, too, would value a more efficient way to track performance of a project by entering actual hours logged to a project. I use OP for scheduling my project which includes staff from several different divisions in my organisation. Each month our corporate system provides me with a report of the effort logged by each staff member to date in hh:mm (no days).

Some of the project tasks have 2 or more staff assigned to them.

So far, I've had to update progress on each task by dragging the slider and using the updating > x h y h to determine when to stop dragging. It would save me a lot of time if I could just open a dialog box for the staff member, and enter (i.e. revise) the total effort logged to date. This could be done on a task-specific basis (probably the best option) or as an aggregate total which would be distributed across the tasks assigned to the resource in chronological order.

Perhaps this is already possible and I just missed it in the user manual?