View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswitt View Post
WMy iphone has never taken longer than 10 seconds to sync, be it on my home network nor out in the world over 3G speeds.

Finally, my point:
I wonder if it isn't viable for Omni Group to offer webdav sync services to OF users. It might eliminate the complaints about sync problems for many users.
Are a lot of people having trouble syncing with MobileMe? For me it's been very smooth and reliable. I haven't measured, but I would guess around 10 seconds to be about what I'm seeing. Sometimes it's longer if I haven't synced in several days; but usually it's shorter. Sometimes it's so fast, I think it failed until I actually check my other client and see that everything's there.

My personal experience leads me to believe that the majority of sync problems are with third-party WebDAV servers, not MobileMe. But I don't know. The Omni Group is probably the only one with any reliable data on this.

So if MobileMe really isn't causing any significant problem, what economic sense would it make for the Omni Group to implement and maintain their own competing service? I'd personally prefer to see them invest extra resources in future development and leave the hosting service to others.

-Dennis