View Single Post
While this post comes in almost 2 years after the fact, it appears that nothing has changed. Couple of points.

1. I jumped on the Omnifocus bandwagin early, but jumped off due to lack of reminders and alarms. This was 2 years ago. Listen to a lot of Mac related podcasts includng the outstanding Mac Power Users Podcast, which got me to consider giving Omnifocus another shot. Still appears to be no alarms or reminders.
2. Omnifocus' early documentation cleary stated that while it could be used to implement GTD, the program wasn't strictly designed to comply with all aspects of GTD. Thus, the explanation that Omnifocus doesn't have reminders and alarms because the GTD system doesn't use them doesn't hold much water. Anyone that has any substantial workflow, or a life for that matter, doesn't have time to review their task list daily, or even sometimes weekly. Thus, the need for reminders and alarms. Otherwise, with the constant bombardment of emails, texts, faxes, calls, and other distractions, critical taks and appointments do not come to your attention until the last minute, creating even more pressure, or worse not at all, in which case you miss the appointment or deadline.
3. The Omnigroup overall makes excellent software. Thus, don't understand why they program doesn't have reminders and alarms. I have used dozens of task management programs for Mac Desktop, Iphone, and now the Ipad. They all have one thing in common. They all have reminders and alarms! Again, given Omnigroup's substantial intellectual heft and array of outstanding software products, I don't understand why they have not put in reminders and alarms into this product. Otherwise they are admittng the software programmers at RTM, Toodledo, and Things, are smarter and design a better product. I know this is not the case, so please put in Reminders and Alarms into Omnifocus.