View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye_Doc View Post
Although my psychiatric training is far behind me, I do recall one of the features of obsessive compulsive disorder is that the person realises that their behaviour is irrational!

So i am afraid I don't know why i am checking this forum roughly every 30 minutes, but I am!
Here's a refresher... From looking at the list, Omni Group may need to hire a professional and rename the forum. :)

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines obsessive–compulsive personality disorder as:

A pervasive pattern of preoccupation with orderliness, perfectionism, and mental and interpersonal control, at the expense of flexibility, openness, and efficiency, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

- Is preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost

- Shows perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met)

- Is excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity)

- Is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification)

- Is unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value

- Is reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things

- Adopts a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes

- Shows rigidity and stubbornness