View Single Post
I have been looking for a Visio like app for the iPad and from what I see Omnigraffle may be a good fit.

My goal is to create IT infrastructure diagrams. I am looking for an app that will allow me to freehand draw objects and then be able to copy them and connect them with connectors. I would also like to be able to draw connectors between objects and for the app to be smart enough to anchor to the object. Visio drives me crazy with it’s limited amount of anchors per objects.

So here is a list of questions about the app:
  • Can I freehand draw objects that will be able to be use connectors?
  • Can I copy freehand objects?
  • Are there any free server/network stencils that work with the iPad version?
  • Can Windows based Visio stencils be converted to Omnigraffle for iPad?
  • Can I use an image as an object?
  • Can I freehand draw the connections between objects and have the app auto smooth my connectors?
  • Will the app auto dock my connectors based on the proximity of where I terminate them or will it always hard dock to a specific location?
  • Can objects hide their underlying links to other objects? So if I have Object A, B, C, and B and C are “under” A, could I click on A to focus at that level and not have B and C visible? I watched the video and it seemed like this was possible.
  • Can I group objects into a single object?
  • Is the app compatible with the iPad VGA output connector?
  • How large is the canvas?
  • Can I easily zoom in and out with the pinch gesture?

Does anyone have some server/network diagrams created with Omnigraffle for iPad that they can share?

Also, is there still a money back guarantee on this product?

Thanks,
-Matt