View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigel View Post
I'm having a similar problem, except that I've never synced my iPhone before (all previous steps in the syncing process have gone off without a hitch) and that I'm receiving that error after:

1. Clicking on the link with sent settings in it.
2. Having it ask me if I want to replace my OmniFocus synchronization settings, and my clicking 'Replace.'

I'd love to hear of any fix available (esp. after just having paid for the iPhone version). Thanks much.
First, let me double-check a few details: you're trying to sync over Bonjour? Using a local WiFi network?

If you launch OmniFocus on your iPhone (without using the link from Mail), do you see the "Welcome to OmniFocus!" screen with the "Set Up Sync" button? If so, touch that button: it should list your Bonjour sync server, and you can select it to proceed to sync. (If you don't see your Mac listed, make sure your Mac is running OmniFocus, configured to be an OmniFocus Bonjour Server, and that your Mac and iPhone are on the same local WiFi network.)

If you're not seeing the "Welcome to OmniFocus" screen on your iPhone, you can get back to that initial setup screen by touching on the (i) button in the bottom left corner of the main screen to bring up Settings, scrolling down to the bottom of Settings, and touching the "Reset Database" button. This will bring you back to the welcome screen, and you can touch "Set Up Sync" as described above.

Let us know if that solves your issue!